After yesterday's post I received an e-mail from Mr. Wilcox, one of the co-authors of the refreshingly humanistic American Extremists*, providing me links to five e-books of quotes he has compiled on various subjects. Here they are:
- Fanatacism, Dogmatism & Ideological Thinking
- Political & Social Psychology & Behavior
- Rationality, Rhetoric, Skepticism and Logic
- Propaganda, Persuasion and Deception
- The Writer's Rights: Selected Quotations on Freedom of Expression, Censorship, Civil Liberties, Due Process and Individual Rights
*The authors, in writing the book, very much follow Spinoza's maxim (much more so that I have been able to do):
"I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule, not to bewail, not to scorn human actions, but to understand them."