Thursday, November 06, 2008

What I got today at the library used book store

For a grand total of 3 dollars I got three good condition hardcovers:

The Republican Noise Machine: Right-Wing Media and How It Corrupts Democracy by David Brock - I've already most of this but for a dollar I don't mind having it on my bookshelf; or, more precisely, sitting on the floor in the already large stack of books (almost all discount buys) I have waiting to be put on the additional bookshelf that I need to purchase to accommodate them.

Wealth and Democracy: A Political History of the American Rich by Kevin Phillips - I've been wanting to read this for sometime. This marks the 5th 6th book by Phillips that I've managed to get at a significant discount.

House of Bush, House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties by Craig Unger - I haven't heard much about this one, but I've read Unger's more recent book - The Fall of the House of Bush - and found it to be an excellent summary of the triumph and failure of neoconservative foreign policy in the Bush administration.

No comments: