Thursday, February 05, 2009

Al Gore compared to Nazis on Fox News. Again.



I went to Media Matters just now to see if they had an item up about something I caught mid-segment today on the Glenn Beck show. I'm not sure if the clip above featuring Beck comparing Gore to Goebbels is from the same epsidode or not, but it's not what I was looking for. The segment I saw featured Beck talking to Bernie Goldberg about Al Gore, except while they were discussing him the screen was split between them with footage of Hitler giving a speech, then with it cutting to Al Gore footage from An Inconvenient Truth.

With the hiring of Beck and the loss of Alan Colmes who, in the words of Jon Stewart, was apparently the sandbag holding down the hot air balloon of crazy that is Sean Hannity, Fox "News" really has loonified its line-up.

Update: Dave Neiwert has the segment I was looking for. The bit I caught ran after the clip above. As it turns out, the following quote from Al Gore is what led Glenn Beck and professional "liberal bias" windmill tilter Bernie Goldberg to conclude Gore is attempting to create a new Hitler's Youth.

When I was your age and the Civil Rights Revolution was unfolding, and we kids asked our parents and their generation, 'Explain to me again why it's okay for the law to discriminate against people for the color of their skin color? And when our parents' generation couldn't answer that question, that's when the law started to change. There are some things about our world that you know that older people don't know.

Why would that be? Well, in a time of rapid change, the old assumptions sometimes just don't work anymore because they're out of date.

No comments: