Friday, June 20, 2008

Baleful quote of the day

"I'm not here to say that the government is always right, but when the government tells you to do something, I'm sure you would all agree that I think you all recognize that is something you need to do." - Senator Kit Bond, explaining why telecoms should given retroactive immunity for helping the government illegaly spy on American citizens

Heck, makes sense to me. Republicans keep saying the Constitution establishes a Christian nation based on "Christian principles."

Bond is just expressing the Abraham view of authority. Sure, it might sound wrong to murder your son, but you recognize that when God tells you to do something you need to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I find interesting about that quote is how they hide Bush behind "the government." It's not Bush, mind you, who is telling you that we ought to do something, it's "the government." Sweet...