Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Frustration

I haven't written hardly anything so far about Congress giving President Bush another blank check to continue waging disastrous war in Iraq. That's because I want to bash my head against a wall when I think about it. So instead I'll just link to two articles: one that explains why the Democrats won't end the war, and one that explains why President Bush hasn't been impeached.

- Democratic Spin Won't End the War in Iraq.

The only thing I would add to the above article is that I think we need more than a grassroots anti-war movement. I think we need a grass roots democracy movement. I'm not sure the author would disagree with me, however.

- Why Bush Hasn't Been Impeached

I agree with the author here, too, in that failure to impeach the President can't just be blamed on Democrats or the media, but must also be placed on we the American public. We have not pressured Congress for impeachment. Which ties into what I said above, we need a grass roots democracy movement.

No comments: