Monday, April 01, 2024

Quote of the day

 "So what would you wish to be doing when death overtakes you? For my part I'd like to be carrying out some deed worthy of a human being, something beneficent, something that serves the common good, something noble. But if I can't be caught doing anything as fine as that, I should at least like to be doing something that I can't be hindered from doing, something that is granted to me to accomplish, namely, putting myself right, striving to perfect the faculty that deals with impressions, and labouring to achieve peace of mind, while yet fulfilling my social duties, and if I should be so fortunate, pressing on the third area of study, the one that is concerned with the attainment of security in one's judgements." - Epictetus, Discourses 4.10

No comments: