Thursday, April 11, 2024

Finding wonder in the sense of time

Have been reading Carlo Rovelli's thoroughly enjoyable The Order of Time and early in the book Rovelli was able to achieve, in my estimation, an impressive feat: his description of the relativity of time and explanation of how the notion of a "Now" across the universe is non-sensical triggered me having an experience of awe and wonder, for a brief moment, that I would call borderline euphoric. I also believe this is the first time that I've truly experienced/appreciated the Stoic "View from Above." The last time I felt something similar would have been when I read Postcards from Mars back in 2006.

And, so, I'm writing this post simply to capture, now, my sense of gratitude for the experience. Thank you, Mr. Rovelli! 

No comments: