Saturday, November 26, 2005

Blogger's Correction

I ran the following correction in my post on the use of white phosphorous in Fallujah, but since most readers aren't going to be looking back at that post I'm recopying it here since I'd hate to think I had helped spread erroneous information.

This [citing 50,000 civilians remaining in Fallujah at the time of the seige] is an error on my part for using the first figure I saw without checking other sources, especially given the source I used for the 50,000 figure was Project Censored. I've since seen sources estimate that the civilians in Fallujah numbered as low as 5,000 at the time of attack, most notably by Middle East expert Juan Cole, so the number is likely somewhere in between those two estimates.

And to keep the discussion going, here is a link to Juan Cole's post on this subject which I referenced above. There's good debate in the comments of that thread, also.

No comments: