Thursday, May 27, 2010

My bookstore nightmare

I walked into a major chain book retailer today to be confronted in the Politics section by 61 - yes, I counted them - sixtyfriggin'one! copies of Sean Hannity's Conservative Victory: Defeating Obama's Radical Agenda and 45 copies of books by Glenn Beck, mostly consisting of Arguing with Idiots and Common Sense.

Irony being that the prospective buyers of those books are likely convinced - thanks, in no small part, to the authors themselves - that they are the victims of oppressive liberal media bias.

Update: It's actually worse than I thought. Revisiting the store, I see that I failed to notice two large, prominent display stacks of Conservative Victory strategically located. I didn't have the heart to count 'em, but by eyeball estimate, there appears to be close to two hundred copies all together on the floor.

5 comments:

Sheldon said...

You want to really get sick? Watch Hannity's and Fox coverage of the oil-spill disaster.

Hume's Ghost said...

Its unbearable. I'll post something related to it and beck, soon.

Paul Sunstone said...

I'm glad I don't own a TV. It's all I can bear to read about Beck and Hannity, etc on your blog. I think it would kill something inside me to watch them.

Hume's Ghost said...

I used to survey a good bit of conservative media: various fox shows, web sites, blogs, and am radio.

But since i started follwing beck, i havent done much of that lately. He's so horrible that he's sort of maxed out my capacity to tolerate any more of the disparches from the alternate universe tho fellows inhabit.

Anonymous said...

My brother puts it quite well:

There is a finite amount of intelligence in the universe...

The population is expanding...